As AWAL UK Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for leading marketing strategy and initiatives for a wide range of AWAL’s artists, with a focus on rap, RandB, afrobeat, dancehall, soul, house and other black music genres. Acts will include emerging and developing artists, as well as some already established artists.
You will have experience running a range of artist campaigns at a front line label or equivalent and be familiar with planning, budgeting and executing creative campaign strategy. You will be a digital native with a digital-first approach to campaigns and a deep understanding of developing social and music platforms and the opportunities they offer.
Directly contact the decision makers for thousands of Live Music Venues, Colleges, Clubs, Concert Series and Events worldwide!
These are not "Info@" type contacts,
these are the direct contacts to put you in touch with the actual decision makers!
You will be passionate about rap, RandB, afrobeat, dancehall, soul, house and other black music genres, love working exceptionally closely with artists, and be someone with real vision and ideas on how to solidify an artist proposition as they push for cultural, commercial and critical success. In addition, you will feel confident working with artists who already have an established position in the scene and require more of a light-touch approach to ensure seamless execution of their vision as well as guidance on best practices. This would suit someone who has 3+ years’ experience working at a front line label or equivalent, managing priority projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conceive and implement innovative marketing timelines andamp; strategy for selected AWAL artists (primarily, but not limited to, rap, RandB, afrobeat, dancehall, soul, house and other black music genres)
- Communicate andamp; implement marketing best practices, new developments and strategies to artists / artist’s teams
- Communicate and synchronise campaigns with AWAL’s global marketing teams
- Oversee the delivery and the rollout of all assets for designated artist campaigns
- Manage marketing campaign budgets
- Oversee setup andamp; execution of clients’ physical and digital production
- Establish clear campaign objectives andamp; targets for all key stakeholders to adhere to source and manage media promo partners for projects
- Work with internal teams, including AandR, Audience Development, Global Commercial Partnerships, Sync, Brand Partnerships andamp; Operations teams as well as external partners
- Advise on digital marketing, advertising and social media strategies to maximise results, engagement and growth in conjunction with the Audience Development team
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets
- Monitor andamp; analyse performance of releases using analytics andamp; third party tool
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Build strong relationships with both artists / artists’ team andamp; internal team members in order to build trust andamp; to keep steering the campaigns effectively
- Be consistent andamp; effective in communications with both the artists / artists’ team andamp; internal team members which adhere to AWAL’s values
- Successfully manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced working environment and prioritise workload effectively
- Set campaign objectives andamp; targets at the start of each campaign
- Regularly keep abreast of the campaign budget andamp; how that affects the planning andamp; execution of the campaigns
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3+ years of music marketing experience at a record label, music distributor, artist or label services company, artist management company
- You can demonstrate your experience working on marketing strategy and campaigns for rap, RandB, afrobeat, dancehall, soul, house and other black music genres
- You are familiar with the AWAL business model andamp; the company values
- You have a strong understanding of the inner workings and deliverables required for the life cycle of global music releases, as well as digital and physical distribution, metadata and marketing
- You are comfortable in hiring andamp; working with third party promo teams andamp; creatives teams / agencies
- You have great knowledge of the DSP landscape and how it affects marketing campaigns
- You have a general understanding of what it means to work releases in a global marketplace
- You have experience in implementing effective paid media advertising andamp; an awareness on how to identify audiences you would like to target
- You are willing to take a hands-on approach and ready to execute a wide range of tasks to execute campaigns
- You have a start up, entrepreneurial mentality, with a preference for teamwork and collaboration
Join over 34,000 other artists in creating your profile on Artist And Fan today when you become a Member. Get access to tens of thousands of direct contacts for clubs, promoters, festivals, agents, talent buyers, managers, publicists, playlisters, media, bloggers, freelance writers, concert series, festivals, festivals and festivals. Oh did we mention festivals?
Elapsed time: 0.3951 seconds
Memory useage: 2.78MB